My grandmothers would be proud of me tonight I successfully made fried green tomatoes for my friends! It is as Simple as 1-2-3.
Here is the recipe!
1. Cut your (green) tomatoes in nice medium slices
2. Mix a cup of corn meal, 4 tablespoons of flour, and some salt and pepper. (We added a little garlic salt, you can also use all seasoning)
3. Dip your slices into a bowl of milk then dip them into the mix making sure to completely cover it.
4. Bring enough vegetable oil to cover half of a slice to a sizzle in a cast iron skillet.
5. Make sure to flip them(kind of soon) and remove when nice and golden brown.
6. Make sure to let them cool down before biting into (some of us get a little inpatient ) :)